Skip to main content

#BetterSkinChallenge

I know it's been a very long time since my last post, but I've been invited to a challenge. One thing I like about challenges is that they encourage you to get up and actually do something. This in particular challenge is a makeup challenge.  Read on and I'll tell you a bit more about it.



I recently received the Maybelline Voxbox by Influenster. This Voxbox includes Maybelline's better skin foundation. 


                                                       This is how the Voxbox came. 




                                                   This is how it looked on the inside.







The color I received (which was the color I selected in the influenster survey)  was "warm honey".  I noticed the difference in the color compared to online. Warm honey looked much lighter in person. So I decided to do a color test of the product on my hand.


              As you can see "warm honey" was much to light. This made me very disappoint.





I then went back to Maybelline's website to see the color chart and the next color after "warm honey" which was "coconut". It appeared that Coconut was my color. 


                                                click here to check out this product. 



I emailed  Influenster a nice little letter of the color issue and they were very nice in their explanation of options I had. one option which helped was returning the product to Walmart as a non receipt to switch out for the right color. This worked perfectly. I was able to get the right color and continue on with my better skin challenge.




the lighting is a bit different from when I took each set of photos. but you can easily tell the difference in the product color compared to my skin color.

Maybelline's better skin in "Coconut" (which is the darkest color they have) blends in perfectly if you are more of a brown skinned person like myself. I did another color test below on my hand.





I am very happy with the color test. I think doing the 3 week challenge will be super fun. I can't wait to see how well my makeup comes out and how long it holds up.



Maybelline makeup products have always been one of my favorites and that's a fact. currently I have been using Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse.



I will give this foundation a break for 3 weeks to try the better skin foundation challenge. stay tuned for a review and more pictures. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lavany Facial Cleansing Brush

My last facial cleansing brush was very cheap. It did work for what I needed it for, plus it came with three brush heads. I forgot the name brand but it was around $17. It slowly stopped working because water got into where the batteries were placed. I still have it but I thought about getting a new facial cleansing brush that would last a lot longer. I also wanted something a bit more powerful.

"A servant is a master in disguise."

Lavany Ladies Portable Electric Shaver

I had the chance to try and test a cute and discreet portable shaver. The brand is " Lavany ". I've never heard of them before but their product is pretty cute.  Yes I know what It looks like. let's try not to think about that. let's just say that this shaver Is definitely made for women. I do enjoy it's small sleekness. the fact I can throw this in my bag and take with me on the go is very thoughtful. you never know when you'll need a quick shave.  For me this shaver will be perfect for my occasional facial chin hairs. they grow back quickly once a week. I'm always having to shave my face once a week with a razor. I think this small shaver will do well with getting close enough, maybe even closer than the razor. I will have to try it to see. I will test out on one of my legs since the hair there is super long.  So far from what I've experienced, this electric shaver will leave any area you shave very smooth. you don